Best Black Widow Spider Control Services in Phoenix AZ
The Black Widow Spider, (Latrodectus mactans), is widely distributed over the warmer portions of the United States. Black Widow Spiders are considered to be one of the world’s most poisonous Spiders and are the most venomous Spiders in North America. They are distinguished by their shiny black color, and the red hourglass-shaped mark on their abdomen. Sometimes these Spiders are brown in color. Despite their average weight being only one gram, these Black Widow Spiders make one of the largest webs. The Black Widow Spiders are not Insects but arachnids, meaning they have only two body segments and four pairs of legs. The Black Widow Spider females will eat the male Spiders but only rarely after mating.
Why be concerned about Black Widow Spiders?
- The venom of a Black Widow Spider is 15 times stronger than a rattlesnake!
- The Black Widow Spider bite feels like a pinprick. If bitten, a person experiences nausea, muscle ache, and paralysis of the diaphragm which makes breathing difficult. In rare cases, bites can be fatal—especially to small children or the elderly.
- Black Widow Spiders are shy but move quickly and bite, if disturbed.
Let a WATTS Pest Prevention technician take care of this concern for you.
Identifying Black Widow Spider Infestations:
- Identifying Black Widow Spiders of the female species is easier, as they can be seen hanging upside down on their webs, which makes the red hourglass mark very visible. The male Black Widow Spiders are harmless—only the females bite.
- Black Widow Spiders can be found hiding in dark places like garages, wooden piles, cellars, shades, etc. and the webs can be observed closer to the ground.
- The female Black Widow Spider spins a large web in which they suspend a cocoon filled with hundreds of eggs, and the female Black Widow Spider rarely leaves the web.
- If you spot a Black Widow Spider, do not bother it.
Your WATTS Pest Prevention technicians are trained on both Black Widow Spider basics and the latest control techniques.
Preventing Black Widow Spider Recurrence:
Your WATTS Pest Prevention technician will be involved closely with you to educate you regarding Black Widow Spider Control, ensuring you are aware of what you must do to assist us with a successful plan. This will include tips that only you, as the homeowner, can ensure are completed. Some things your WATTS Pest Prevention technician will do as part of our Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan.
Treating Black Widow Spider Infestations:
Black Widow Spider Control must be thorough and your cooperation enlisted in removing any Black Widow Spider webs. A systematic and integrated process for achieving long-term, environmentally sound Black Widow Spider management must incorporate numerous chemical and non-chemical tools to achieve success. Your WATTS Pest Prevention technician is licensed by the State of Arizona and has been specially trained in the safe use of all products necessary to take care of your Black Widow Spider Control problem. This combination of approaches is generally known as Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and is the approach used by WATTS Pest Prevention.
Pest Control products, if misused, can potentially poison or otherwise harm you, your children, or your pets.PLEASE NOTE:
Professional pesticides are only permitted for use by your licensed Pest Control professional! When their use is deemed necessary, WATTS Pest Prevention technicians follow stringent policies and procedures governing such use
We utilize an Integrated Pest Management (I.P.M.) approach for Arizona Pest Control. This comprehensive approach includes:
- Inspection - Service specialists conduct a thorough inspection of the property.
- Identification - Pests are identified for appropriate control measures.
- Environmental Modification - All possible environmental modification solutions are considered prior to any material application.
- Material Application - When a thorough inspection has been performed, a proper identification has been assessed, and all environmental modification options have been made (if applicable), a material application will be performed in a judicious, environmentally responsible manner.
A successful Arizona Pest Control program requires more than simply relying solely on your recurring Pest Control services. Understanding that recurring Pest Control plays a critical role, supplemental Pest Control methods include the client’s cooperation in properly preparing and maintaining the property being serviced. Properly preparing and maintaining a Pest-free environment includes:
Interior Considerations: Seal holes in walls and around pipes, cables and wires. Seal cracks and crevices with paint or caulk. Seal other holes ¼” or larger. Fix leaky plumbing. Correct excessive moisture problems. Remove clutter. Organize storage rooms/closets. Store Pest nesting material (fabric, paper, rug scraps, plastic, and insulation) in Pest-proof containers. Clean and screen drains. Cap drains in basement floors. Store human and pet food in Pest-proof containers. Maintain excellent sanitation conditions. Dispose of Pest- or Rodent-infested goods. Remove fecal matter (rodents, bats, birds). Sanitize animal fecal matter after removal. Investigate secondary Pest potential from primary Pest infestation (e.g. fleas, mites).
Exterior Considerations: Cut vegetation back from building walls at least 18″. Remove ivy and other vines from sides of buildings or nearby trees. Trim back tree branches that touch or rub against building. Seal and/or repair air conditioning unit(s). Seal holes in walls and around pipes, cables, and wires. Seal other holes ¼” or larger. Repair damaged roof. Move compost into Pest-proof containers. Fix leaking irrigation. Eliminate standing water. Maintain properly functioning drains. Maintain order in storage shed(s) and/or garage(s). Store Pest nesting material (fabric, paper, rug scraps, plastic, and insulation) in Pest-proof containers. Store grass seed and pet food in Pest-proof containers. Remove debris, lumber and/or rock piles. Move firewood piles as far away from the structure as possible. Cut grass and eliminate weeds. Remove fallen fruit or nuts. Remove fecal matter (rodents, bats, birds). Sanitize animal fecal matter after removal. Investigate secondary Pest potential from primary Pest infestation (e.g. fleas, mites).
Price Promise - At WATTS Pest Prevention, we are committed to operate in a financially sound manner, considering every cost incurred, in order to provide superior services at extremely reasonable rates to you, our customer.
Product Promise - WATTS Pest Prevention is committed to not only being environmentally responsible with the materials that we use, by utilizing technologically advanced measures such as I.P.M. (Integrated Pest Management) and low impact materials approved by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and certified with the N.O.P. (National Organic Program), we also choose to conduct our day-to-day business operations with these same considerations toward being environmentally responsible.
Performance Promise - WATTS Pest Prevention is committed to providing a service experience that is not only exceptional and unmatched in our industry but also custom tailored to meet your specific needs. Did I mention that it boasts an amazing “Pest-Free, Or We’ll Waive The Fee” Guarantee! Simply stated, we have perfected our unique Pest Prevention process! WATTS Pest Prevention is a family owned and locally operated company. What this means to you is:
- Convenient, On-Time Service! Our service approach won’t ever leave you waiting on us!
- Professionally Dressed Technicians! Say goodbye to the average “bug guy!”
- Owner Investment & Involvement! I’m here when you need me!
- Careful Consideration To You & Your Property! We even wear shoe covers inside!
- Exceptional Service Experience! Every time!
- Availability! 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week, our team is waiting for you…CALL NOW!
- Comprehensive Coverage! We offer the most comprehensive pest coverage this industry offers!
- Guaranteed Service Results! Ask about our “Pest-Free, Or We’ll Waive The Fee” Guarantee!
My PROMISE means your PROTECTION™!
Marc A. Watts Sr.
PRICE, PRODUCT AND PERFORMANCE PROMISE
If you select one of our eligible Pest Prevention Programs and observe any covered pest(s) in-between regularly scheduled service visits, or you were not completely satisfied with the last service we provided, Watts Pest Prevention will respond to correct the problem within forty-eight (48) hours*. If we fail to respond within forty-eight (48) hours, or fail to correct the problem, we will refund your last service charge. See Service Agreement for more details!
*Excluding weekends and holidays.
"PEST FREE, OR WE'LL WAIVE THE FEE" GUARANTEE